Word Help?

C.R. Selvakumar selvakum at VALLUVAR.UWATERLOO.CA
Thu Sep 21 15:55:51 UTC 2000

'>'
'>'Can someone help me with this?  A poet-friend of mine would like to know =
'>'the Sanskrit for "eater of the gods" or "god-eater."  I have tried to =
'>'help him in my amateurish way, but I thought I had better ask the =
'>'experts.

    This is not what you had asked, but I thought it might be of interest.
    In Tamil, an equally ancient language,
    'god-eater' would be 'iRaiyuNNi' and interestingly, the same word
    also can mean other things!

    C.R.Selvakumar

'>'
'>'Dr. George Cronk