Stone,Bronze and Iron ages

Narayan R. Joshi giravani at JUNO.COM
Fri Sep 15 03:34:36 UTC 2000

Dr. Richard N. Frye in his book, "The Heritage of Central Asia" offers the
following information on the page 57." Archaeologists divide the pre-
literate past between Stone Age, Bronze Age, and Iron Age.This division, of
course, is based upon types and materials of tools found in sites, and time
divisions vary from one part of the globe to another." Could we say then
that these ages for India were different from those of Europe? In the TV
show on Metallurgy ten yeras ago on the channel PBS, it was mentioned that
Iron age in Europe was dawned because the export of Tin from the ancient
land of modern Afghanistan was interrupted due to some political upheaval
in Asia. I would appreciate if scholars throw some more light on this
topic. Thanks. N. R. Joshi.