Samyutta Nikaya on Sanskrit

Georg von Simson g.v.simson at EAST.UIO.NO
Wed Sep 6 15:21:23 UTC 2000

>There is an edition of 25 Sanskrit sutras from the Sam.yuktaagama done by
>Chandrabhal Tripathi in 1962.
>
>Tripathi Chandrabhal, _Funfundzwanzig Sutras Des Nidanasamyukta_ (Berlin:
>Akademie Verlag, 1962).
>
>Joseph Walser
>Department of Comparative Religion
>114C Miner Hall
>Tufts University
>Medford, MA 02155
>ph# (617) 627-2322
>fax: (617) 627-3191

To avoid misunderstandings: This is not a translation from Pali (the
TheravAda-version of the text) into Sanskrit, but the (fragmentary)
Sanskritversion (found in Central Asia) of the SarvAstivAda school of
Buddhism. The SarvAstivAdins also seem originally to have used a
middelindic dialect, but this was, for all we know, not identical with Pali.

G.v.Simson