A lighthearted question about chariots in the battle of kurukshetra

Harry Spier harryspier at HOTMAIL.COM
Sun Oct 29 19:22:18 UTC 2000

Dear list members,

1) Can anyone tell me if the chariots (particularily those of Arjuna and
Karna)  in the battle of kurukshetra had names?  Is there any description of
them with more detail than just what banner they had?

2) Is there in the hindu literature (not necessarily from the Mahabharata)
any references specifically to a white chariot or a silver chariot?

An Ashram I visit names different locations on their grounds after different
locations in Indian mythology and they want to name some of their vehicles.
And since the vehicles operate out of a part of the Ashram called
Kurukshetra I thought appropriate names might be names of chariots used at
that battle?  One of the vehicles is white and the other silver?  In the
english stories I've seen from the Hindu mythology I've seen names for
weapons, conches, vamanas etc. but I've seen no names of battle-chariots.

Many thanks,

Harry Spier
371 Brickman Rd.
Hurleyville, New York