Types of Indology

Bhadraiah Mallampalli vaidix at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Oct 26 16:52:09 UTC 2000

Dear Prof Misra

Let us define "religious fanatism". Religious fanatics are those who enforce
their rules on unsuspecting public who did not agree to such rules in the
first place before getting into contact with them.

When there was a clear agreement on rules of discussion (such as "your head
will fall" etc), then there is no religious fanatism.

I must make a mention that there are also extremely polite and devotional
message boards and groups where even normal technical criticism is out of
place.  It all depends on understanding the pre-set rules. In these boards,
any aggression is understood as a proof that the argument is wrong! It is
another brilliant way to decide what is right and what it is wrong, and they
are right also, I have no complaints.

So what I am saying is end-Indologists have their own ways of living
together, whether Veda or other subjects. The question is about their
interaction with exo-indologists.

Also in future, for polotical correctness, instead of classifying the
ancient time scales as "official" and "Hindutva" they canbe termed as
"exo-indologic time scale" and "endo-indologic timescale".. tongue twisters?
(I hit my 2 post limit today.)

Regards
Bhadraaih Mallampalli