Regarding indology

Dominik Wujastyk ucgadkw at UCL.AC.UK
Wed Oct 25 19:39:47 UTC 2000

On Tue, 24 Oct 2000, nanda chandran wrote:

> If somebody has genuine interest and has read the relevant subjects,
> though not from these journals, can't they contribute meaningfully to
> the discussions? Can't they bring some fresh insight into unresolved
> problems? Wouldn't Indologists be interested in understanding such
> views?

Good lord, no!  I'm afraid that card-carrying indologists all have the IIJ
and the JAOS tucked under their arms.  That's how they recognize each
other in the street.  And of course it's essential for JAOS-carriers to
cross the road to avoid anyone carrying the AAS journal...brrr!

--
Dominik Wujastyk
Founder, INDOLOGY list.