arguments and cultural conditioning

Rajarshi Banerjee rajarshi.banerjee at SMGINC.COM
Tue Oct 24 14:26:56 UTC 2000

RB>Indologists > >I believe that they are answerable to the people of india
>

AK>I would be curious to know on what grounds the peoples of Pakistan,
Bangladesh and Sri Lanka are excluded.

RB> They are not excluded either.  Curious to know why you exclude nepal,
bhutan, afghanistan, china etc.....

anyway,
I was pointing out that indologists are answerable to the people whose
history and culture they study and this is an added responsibility distinct
from the usual one of academic morality and search for truth.

regards RB