QUALIFICATIONS TO EXPRESS ON THIS INDOLOGY GROUP

Arun Gupta suvidya at WORLDNET.ATT.NET
Sun Oct 22 16:40:51 UTC 2000

Dr. Anthony Good asks the good question :

Would we confidently drive over a bridge built by an indologist with no
engineering training?  I think not.  Likewise, what basis is there for taking
seriously an indological theory propounded by an engineer with no indological
training?

My answer is that the only basis for considering anyone's theory is its truth
value.

Otherwise, there is no basis for taking seriously a theory on modern India's
politics or education from an Indologist or historian with no background in
that area.

-arun gupta