THE ENGINEERS AND THE INDOLOGY GROUP

Anand M. Sharan asharan at ENGR.MUN.CA
Fri Oct 20 10:43:57 UTC 2000

I believe that - Where there is will, there is a way . The dating of the
Mahabharata is not going to be a piece of cake, which I understand. I have
read Fitzgerald's ( from the field of literature )  paper in full, who has
convincingly established that iron was used at the time of the
Mahabharata . He quotes various poetic lines, and interprets them, and
relates them to complex metal processing techniques which the metallurgists
understand well .

I have on my web the paper entitled,
"ON THE DECIPHERING OF THE INDUS

VALLEY SCRIPT AND THE SOLUTION

OF THE BRAHUI PROBLEM " on the following web site :

http://www.engr.mun.ca/~asharan/bihar/indus/indus~3.htm

In this work , I have established that the Santhals who speak a language
closer to Brahui came from Baluchistan, presently in Pakistan by tracing
their use of metals and minerals . This problem was unresolved starting
from 1922 when Marshall , the pioneer of the Indus Valley excavations ,
came forward with his hypothesis about the origin of the Santhals.

Why I wrote this title in the first place was because, the engineers were
being told politely or otherwise, that they were not welcome on this web
site .  It is fine with me if the people having literature think that way .
But the fact remains that whenever they go beyond their own boundaries,
such as dating of the Mahabharata, their conclusions can not be taken
seriously .

Clearly, the solution lies in working together, depending upon the problem
to be solved . In the case of dating the Mahabharata, obviously, knowers of
Sanskrit would be needed . How else can the engineer ( who also knows
astronomy )  even attempt to date the Mahabharata .

Thanks.

Anand M. Sharan