Buddhists and others, wasRe: RAJARAM EPISODE

Stephen Hodge s.hodge at PADMACHOLING.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Wed Oct 4 16:04:38 UTC 2000

P. Anand wrote:

>   The quotes talked about the facts (destruction of Buddhists
>   monasteries and libraries) that could be shown to be wrong

I am not sure if I have understood correctly what you are saying here
but are you saying that Buddhist monasteries and temples were not
destroyed by bands of marauding raiders (who happened to be Muslims) ?
That Nalanda and other major monasteries with there libraries were
destroyed by such people is well documented from Tibetan sources -- by
an eye-witness account in the case of Chak Lotsawa.

Best wishes,
Stephen Hodge