Hinduism: once was: RAJARAM EPISODE

Wed Oct 4 04:55:47 UTC 2000

"Ven. Tantra" <troyoga at YAHOO.COM> wrote, as part of a very eloquent post:

>development. I would further suggest that the “guru”
>in-itself is already “heretical,” i.e., a tradition
>contrary to the Brahmanical institution of hereditary
>priesthood.

Not very much so, if non-heretical means "Brahminical". Already in chAndogya
upanishad, you have the statement, AcAryavAn purusho veda. But if heresy
simply refers to its etymological meaning of choice, yes, all isms in India
are heresies, including the Brahminical institution of sacrificial
priesthood.

Vidyasankar