Asking for help

Kamal Adhikary kamal at LINK.LANIC.UTEXAS.EDU
Mon Nov 27 23:24:41 UTC 2000

I have SouthAsiaTimes font created by Prof. Jerome H. Bauer. This font
was bought (or borrowed) by Asian Studies as soon as the font was out.  I
like this font very much, but I have encountered a problem.  While printing
documents in this font with older Macs (system 7.X), I need to download
the font to the printer in order to get the laser quality. In the newer
Macs (system 9.4) I do not need to download  the font to the printer for
laser quality. However, in either case (whether you download the font to
the printer or not) the printer
does not recognize the Italic. In place of Italics, it prints just plain
bitmaps. That is, it does not give even a plain laser quality, let alone
giving laser quality italic.

I would much appreciate any help. I have tried everything, downlaoding
and without downloading.  I had encoutered this problem while I was a
student. However, I thought the Center Director would order the corrected
version as he also liked this font.  But I do not know what happened.

I would be happy to pay for the font, if any of you know where I can get
the origianl version with some instruction, and I would be grateful for any
other tips or tricks. Thanks a lot in advance.
Best,
Kamal

Kamal R. Adhikary, Ph.D.
Asian Studies,UT, Austin