SV: Digital Magic in Prehistory of India

Vanbakkam Vijayaraghavan vijay at VOSSNET.CO.UK
Mon Nov 27 11:29:55 UTC 2000

On Mon, 27 Nov 2000 11:25:50 +0100, Lars Martin Fosse <lmfosse at ELENDER.HU>
wrote:

>The problem with the AIT is not that the theory as such has been stated,
>but that value judgements were assigned to Aryans (=good) and Dravidians
>(=bad). Here, Europeans have a lot to answer for, and many Europeans have
>done their utmost to redress the damage that traditional racism created.

It is not just value judgements, but even the identification aryan vs
dravidian is unwarranted. The vedas themselves do not speak of dravidian,
even the word itself is not mentioned, but vedic people were at odds only
with dasyus - sometimes . The vedic people were unaware of such a group as
dravidians. If you have a better information, let me know.