Black as Evil

Sun Nov 26 13:02:36 UTC 2000

N. Ganesan <naga_ganesan at HOTMAIL.COM> wrote:

>I really appreciate to know if Prof. Russell's theory
>that Black as Evil comes from Persia can be refuted.

In case it needs to be mentioned, "Mazdaism" itself represents
one person's thoroughly dualistic reformulation of old Iranian
religion. There is little connection with Rgvedic or post-Vedic
India here. And perhaps I should also quote from the reference
that you yourself quoted earlier. Please think about what the
following underlined sentence from Russell implies for his own
theory of Persian influence on Judaism and Christianity.

>Barnabas' use of the terms "black" and "blackness" are
>Jewish, Ebionite, and Greek. Behind these is teh *Mazdaist*
>idea of the darkness of Ahriman, and behind Ahriman is
>the worldwide, almost universal, use of blackness as a
>symbol of evil [26].

Best regards,
Vidyasankar