pseudochariot - K.D. Sethna

Steve Farmer saf at SAFARMER.COM
Sun Nov 12 01:13:00 UTC 2000

Vidyasankar Sundaresan writes, about K.D. Sethna:

> And in case anybody is curious about
> his religio-political affiliations, he is a Zoroastrian, of
> Iranian ancestry.

I've seen this misinformation on Hindutva sites as well. The goal
of it is to try to disassociate Sethna's _Problem of Aryan
Origins_ from Hindutva motives. Shortly after Sundaresan made his
post, I received this email from an Indologist:

> KD Sethna (aka Amal Kiran) has lived for decades in
> the Sri Aurobindo Ashram in Pondicherry and is the editor
> of the journal "Mother India."  Maybe his parents were
> Zoroastrians, but he isn't.

Note also that Sethna's _Problems of Aryan Origins_ places high
on the recommended book list at the BJP's official bookstore:

http://www.bjp.org/today/bookshop.htm

Note that books by Rajaram, Talageri, and Koenraad Elst that are
also prominently listed at the BJP official site.