Latest news from Dadhyanc

Fri Nov 10 13:06:04 UTC 2000

News just received from Dr. Kalyanaraman, the only defender of Rajaram's
Horse I,
and R's new, decapitated horse II (Dadhyanc), exposed and freshly
discovered by Rajaram on the Frontline cover, Oct 13.

The new species has been named, already, after its discoverer:

        equus ashvus Dadhyanc Rajarami

and is a sub-species of the new breed, including, as per Kalyanaraman:
equus caballus, equus hemionus, equus sivalensis and equus asinus, -- the
whole newly re-aligned equid group also already named after its discoverer,

        equus ashvus indicus Kalyanaramani

http://sarasvati.simplenet.com/horse2.htm

Like Rajaram,  Kalyanaraman, too, has discovered something new on our
Frontline cover:

(see :  http://www.safarmer.com/frontline
and my own website with links and periodical updates),

that is :         Horse AND chariot:

For the report of this important discovery, see his note on the list called
IndianCivilization at egroups.com, Thu, 09 Nov 2000 00:22:41 -0000:

"As I read the supplement of the Frontline, I am convinced that the
the ligatured sign does indeed look like a horse-head superimposed
on the 'chariot box' [the inverted U, almost like a roof of a Vedic
house -- see Louis Renou's article] which also gets ligatured with an
inlaid six-spoked wheel in other inscriptions. ....  "

for the FRONTLINE pre-publication:
http://www.safarmer.com/frontline
or as of today also:
http://www.the-hindu.com/fline/fl1723/fl172300.htm
(Under Scholarly Communication. --   Note also the news on the new Harappan
Gallery at the Delhi National Museum)

How this new decapitated Dadhyanc horse and Kalyaranaman's ass ( = Skt.
as'va! per him, =
horse (equus caballus), equus sivalensis, equus hemionus (half-ass/onager),
and equus asinus, the ass)
see
http://sarasvati.simplenet.com/horse2.htm

could be used, as per Kalyaranaraman's new chariot, discovered on Frontline
cover Oct. 13,  is clear from K.D. Sethna's spoke-wheeled chariots, with
driver, on Indus seals, see:

http://www.safarmer.com/sethna/pseudochariot.html

--  where it is unfortunately not explained by Sethna how oblong wheels
would work on ancient Indian paths; nor by Kalyanararam himself:

http://sarasvati.simplenet.com/ratha1.htm

One Indus sign gone on the Frontline cover Oct. 13,  just 2 remain:
The U-shaped empty jar with 2 rims/horns  (so well explainable in Italian =
cornuto),
and a strange assortment of 9 small strokes: ANY bidders??  I suppose it
must represent the navagraha, the 9 planets, but I may well be wrong. Any
better solutions?

                                ***     ***

If all of this good news about decapitated horse-asses and non-circular
wheels wasn't enough,

add to this, Rajaram's and Jha's own, new defense, a press statement
relased on  Nov. 8.,  and preceded by this letter sent to a variety of
people:

> Friends:
>
>     Jha and I released the following statement to the press on Wednesday,
> November 8,
> including the photographs. (See Attachment.) Despite severe provocation,
we
> have decided to limit ourselves to the facts and evidence, and not be
> drawn into a personal verbal contest. We will ignore their diatribes.
>
>     The attachment consists of the original photo (in our possession),
Jha's
> handwritten marks in three lines and the so-called 'telephone-like water
> trough'. It is not hard to see that despite degradation in quality due to
> repeated copying, scanning, reduction and printing, the profile and the
> position relative to the front leg, including the slight angle are the
same.
> I draw your attention in particular to the top line, which is broken into
> three sections to correspond to 'Mac', 'PLATE' and 'XCV'. The 'water
trough'
> is nothing but the three lines of identification marks. Note also the
slight
> angle referred to.
>
>     Please give this the widest possible circulation.
>

> Sincerely,
> N.S. Rajaram
> N. Jha

Herewith gladly complied. See Rajaram's statement at:

http://sarasvati.simplenet.com/rajaram.htm

(Nothing about the "decipherment", just about S. Farmer's and my obsession
with horses, immigrating Aryans, etc. -- All in all,  more or less same
texts as printed before in the unknown Bangalore journal PRAGYA and the
party journal ORGANISER)

                                        ***

I can no longer ask you to enjoy.
But it is not Ash Wednesday either.
What about Guy Fawkes' day, Dominik?
Shall we burn all these horses together,
to give them proper burial?
So that they can walk the dustless paths,
in the fold of the gods?  (RV 1. 162-3)

Michael Witzel
Department of Sanskrit & Indian Studies, Harvard University
2 Divinity Avenue, Cambridge MA 02138, USA

ph. 1- 617-496 2990 (also messages)
home page:  http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~witzel/mwpage.htm

Elect. Journ. of Vedic Studies:  http://www1.shore.net/~india/ejvs