Dasyus and PaNis in RV

Rajarshi Banerjee rajarshi.banerjee at SMGINC.COM
Wed Nov 8 15:28:36 UTC 2000

cavalli sforza says:

"1. The first component (Australoid or Veddoid) is an older substrate of
  Paleolithic occupants, perhaps represented today by a few tribals, but
  probably almost extinct or largely covered by successive waves and
  presumably leaving no linguistic relics, except perhaps for the Hunza and
  Nahali. There seems to be no linguistic trace of the Australoid-Negrito
  language but Andamanese speak languages of the Indo-Pacific family. This
may
  or may not be their original language.

I dont agree that only a few tribals are representative of this group.
I am always struck by facial resemblances between aust aborigines and some
indians regardless of skin colour, region or caste etc.

I recently saw a documentary of a family recovered from the bush in the mid
eithies who had never been exposed to white man. The language families may
differ but the sounds are similar. The langugae is full of retrofelx flaps
like indians use and also geminates I think. Their pronunciation of "very
good" becomes "veRy good". I cant help see resemblance in speech and
physical apearance like hair whorls on head etc.

Resemblences not shared with our immediate neighbours in southeast asia

regards RB