Self Intro

Dilip Rajgor dr at SARASVATIRIVER.COM
Tue Nov 7 05:00:43 UTC 2000

Hi Group,

I have just joined and I want to introduce myself briefly:

Basically, I am a numismatist specializing in ancient coinages of South
Asia. After finishing my Ph. D. (1995) from Bombay University in Ancient
Indian Culture, I did my M. A. in Ancient Indian History, Culture and
Archaeology from the M.S. University of Baroda in 1997. Simultaneously, I
also did my Post Graduate Diploma in Linguistics.

These days, I am tracing Sarasvati River in Kutch. My Project is
"Rediscovering Palaeodrainage Network of Sarasvati River in Kutch, Gujarat".
This is a project funded by NGOs who are interested in finding subsoil water
for drinking purpose.

In this connection, recently, I have launched a web site called
www.SarasvatiRiver.com

Following are my published books:

1. Standard Catalogue of Sultanate Coins of India (1991),
2. Studies in the Coinage of the Western Kshatrapas (with Amiteshwar Jha in
1994),
3. History of the Traikutakas-Based on Coins and Inscriptions (1998), and
4. Palaeolingustic Profile of Brahmi Script (2000, with Foreword by Prof.
P.G. Patel).

Apart from doing research on these issues, I am also waiting for an opening
in this field.
Cheers

DR

--------------------------------
Dr. Dilip RAJGOR
Editor, - "Quest for the Lost River Sarasvati", www.SarasvatiRiver.com
Co-Editor,
- Numismatics Page, Project South Asia, USA www.mssc.edu/ProjectSouthAsia/
- Electronic Journal for Archaeology and Indology, www.SerIndian.com
E-mail: dr at sarasvatiriver.com drajgor at hotmail.com
Home Page: www.SarasvatiRiver.com/Rajgor
Phone: 091-22-561 7497 Fax: 091-22-569 1925
Postal Address: 7 Sonal Darshan, Goshala Road, Mulund, Mumbai - 400 080.
INDIA