neo-Orientalism (ii)

nanda chandran vpcnk at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Nov 1 04:28:35 UTC 2000

>I suggest that you write to Lakshmi Srinivas and ask him whether
>he is a woman (I must admit that I too would have preferred to see
>his name written as Lakshmisrinivas, but that is the way it is).

>So much for your self-proclaimed Indian expertise on India. Further
>comment seems unnecessary.

>No, at times I only bait the arrogant, malicious and pretentious
>(Hindu or otherwise) and enjoy seeing them make fools of
>themselves.

What can I say? And this kind of pettiness from a "scholar"! The kid next
door has more integrity and courtesy. And somebody was talking about
humanities being so integral a part of Western education ...

And dear Dr.Vassilkov and Selvakumar, the same applies to you too. If you
can, please counter my arguments. What's the need for these personal
attacks? Attack views, not people. Your shrillness only seems to strengthen
the validity of my suspicions. You are, I suppose, professors in
Universities and it will quite befit your position to keep in mind Aristotle
: "the mark of an educated mind is to entertain a thought without accepting
it". No need to be so insecure and freak out when your assumptions are
questioned.