Gorakhnath

George Baumann george.baumann at UB.UNI-TUEBINGEN.DE
Wed May 24 13:27:51 UTC 2000

Dear Mr. Friedlander,

In our library there are the following two editions which contain
English or German translations:

1)GorakSaZataka. Fausta Nowotny. Koeln: K. A. Nowotny. [Bonn: Habelt
in Komm.] 1976. 165 p. (Dokumente der Geistesgeschichte. 3).
Call no. in Tuebingen= 1 E 2067

2) Yoga bija. Ed. & transl. Brahma Mitra Awasthi.
Delhi: Swami Keshawananda Yoga Inst. [ca. 1983]. 112. p. Call no.= 27
A 11420

With best regards,

George Baumann

> Date:          Wed, 24 May 2000 13:04:26 +1000
> From:          Peter Friedlander <p.friedlander at LATROBE.EDU.AU>
> Subject:       Gorakhnath
> To:            INDOLOGY at LISTSERV.LIV.AC.UK

> Regarding the Ven Tantra's links to Gorakhnath texts,
>
> I think the Gorak Bodh is one of the texts in Gorakh Bani edited by P. D.
> Barthwal (without comparing the text)
>
> Does anybody know if any more of the old Hindi works of Gorakhnath have been
> translated into English?
>
> I heard back in the 80s of somebody translating them but am not aware of any
> publications
>
> Dr Peter G. Friedlander
> Department of Asian Studies
> La Trobe University