Mnemonics in Ancient India - AitAar

Arlo Griffiths griffithsa at RULLET.LEIDENUNIV.NL
Tue May 23 11:36:02 UTC 2000

Dear Steve,

I second Dominik's words entirely.

    As I also wrote in a personal email, I think that --- valuable as the
discussion you have started is --- it would be appropriate for you to
present arguments/evidence, instead of continuing to make bold statements
against Falk's work in the discussion (also at
http://www.safarmer.com/pico/abstract.html "recent claims that writing did
not enter India until the mid-third century BCE  are rejected on strong
evidential grounds"), without actually presenting the 'strong' evidence
which you claim to have. This is unfair to Falk.

-- Arlo Griffiths

CNWS / Instituut Kern
Universiteit Leiden
Postbus 9515