buddhist sanskrit texts

Peter Wyzlic pwyzlic at UNI-BONN.DE
Fri May 12 09:48:34 UTC 2000

On Fri, 12 May 2000, Rosati wrote:

> I am trying to locate copies of texts in the "Buddhist Sanskrit Texts"
> series from the Mithila Institute, Darbhanga that was done in the late 50's
> early 60's. The main editor was P L Vaidya. There are a couple of them
> listed on bibliofind and abebooks, but I was wondering if anyone knows if
> there are any other sources? Also is there a complete list of volumes in
> this series anywhere?

Some of them were reprinted by the Mithila Institute, Darbhanga, in the
years 1987, 1988, 1989. An Indian Bookseller gives the following titles (a
list from Sept. 1999):

Lalita-vistara. 2nd ed. Edited by P.L. Vaidya and Shridhar Tripathi. -
Darbhanga 1987. - xxxiv, 386 pp. (Buddhist Sanskrit Texts Ser. Vol. 1)

Guhyasamaja Tantra or Tathagataguhyaka. 2nd ed. Ed. by S. Bagchi and
Shridhar Tripathi. - Darbhanga 1988. - xxiv, 177 pp. (BST Ser. Vol. 3)

Madhyamakasastra of Nagarjuna with the commentary Prasannapada by
Candrakirti. 2nd ed. Ed. by P. L. Vaidya and Shridhar Tripathi. -
Darbhanga 1987. - xlvii, 362 pp. (BST Ser. vol. 4)

Bodhicaryavatara of Santideva with the commentary Panjika of
Prajnakaramati. 2nd ed. Ed. by P. L. Vaidya and Shridhar Tripathi. -
Darbhanga 1988. - xix, 318 pp. (BST Ser. vol. 5)

Avadana-Kalpalata of Ksemendra. Vol. 1-2. 2nd ed. Ed. by P. L. Vaidya and
Shridhar Tripathi. - Darbhanga 1989. - (BST Ser. vol. 6-7)

Maybe, there are more of them.

Peter Wyzlic

--
Peter Wyzlic
Indologisches Seminar, Universitaet Bonn