Impact of mantra recital on health

Subrahmanya S. subrahmanyas at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue May 9 15:35:02 UTC 2000

>Is there any research (completed/ongoing) on the impact of
>mantra recital on health -- more specifically the mental
>health, i.e. the psychological/psychiatric problems ?
>Any references (web-sites/print/contact persons) will be
>helpful.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Surya P. Mittal

Check out VKYOGAS site...
http://www.vkyogas.org.in/index.html

Mere repitition is not of much use, but the person must
associate some kind of value(spiritual?) with the mantra.

I remember reading that while om seems to have some effect
on people in India, studies were being conducted in
Florida on seniors who have no idea what om is.

VKYOGAS will have more information on these tests.

Subrahmanya