Madhava, Vidyaranya, Sringeri, and Kulke

nanda chandran vpcnk at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Jun 15 20:11:38 UTC 2000

Vidhya, please confirm the sources which you say are primary. As far I can
see, the works that you've quoted as reference are mostly recent works which
have researched ancient works. What the authors motives, biases were or the
veracity of their interpretations/claims, cannot be confirmed without going
through the original sources themselves.

Advaita has an extensive literature right from the day of Shankara, right?
Between Shankara and VidhyAranya there's atleast 700 years worth of Advaita
material. And one would think that as important a thing as the mathas where
the sampradhAyam was kept alive would have found mention in the works.
Please show me a single pre-VidhyAranya/pre-Vijayanagara work which affirms
the existence of the four mathas or the matha at Shringeri.