Madhava, Vidyaranya, Sringeri, and Kulke

Venkatraman Iyer venkatraman_iyer at HOTMAIL.COM
Sat Jun 10 13:47:55 UTC 2000

>In this text, Madhava clearly mentions that for a while he worked as a
>minister and adviser to Harihara I. Like you all, I am also eagerly looking
>forward to the release odf this publication from
>ORI, Mysore. This work of Pandit Pathak has given an impetus to my opinion
>that Madhava before embracing SanyAsa was serving as
>a minister to Harihara I and then Bukka I.

Like Maadhava Vidyaranya, was it routine in those periods that
persons working as royal advisors and simultaneously  or a
little while later, took to the ochre robe to work on
advaitic treatises?