taqdiir kaa sikandar

Jaap Pranger yaap at XS4ALL.NL
Sun Jul 23 12:13:57 UTC 2000

On Wed, 19 Jul 2000, Rajarshi Banerjee said:

>RB> Bucephalus is supposed to have been buried in pakistan.
>Is there any site?

FWIW,  Sikandar Cunningham's best guess for the site of the 'city of
Bukephala' was Jalalpur, situated plm 42 kms to the SW of Jhelum,
or plm 22 kms S. of Jogi-Tila (Gorakhnath-ka-Tila, the earlier
Balnath-ka-Tila, identified with Plutarch's 'Hill of the Sun'.)

Alexander Cunningham, The Ancient Geography of India, 1871,
Reprint Indological Bookhouse 1979, pp 134-149

My memory doesn't serve me well in case later researchers
repeated attempts to follow Alexander's footsteps.

BTW.
Rajarshi, IMHO you should use quotes (>).
See your Posting 22462 of July 22.