Similes & Metaphors

hmdplawr at UXMAIL.UST.HK hmdplawr at UXMAIL.UST.HK
Thu Jul 20 18:20:30 UTC 2000

One article I am familiar with is Navjivan Rastogi, "Some More Nyayas as
Employed by Abhinavagupta," Annals BORI LXV (1984):  27-42.  Glancing at
the article again, I see that he refers to an article by Iyer (probably
K.A.S., but I don't see the reference) on nyayas in Kashmiri texts.  He
also refers to a book by Col. Jacob, A Handful or Popular Maxims or
Laukikanyayanjalih, 3 vols.  I have also never seen the latter, but it
may include some references to philosophy.  I imagine there are more
recent studies.

Best regards,
David Lawrence
Division of Humanities
Hong Kong University of Science and Technology