Subject-prefix for INDOLOGY (fwd)

Dominik Wujastyk ucgadkw at UCL.AC.UK
Wed Jul 19 01:04:09 UTC 2000

A member has made the following suggestion that all INDOLOGY messages
should have "[INDOLOGY]" prefixed to the subject line.

Personally, I have a mail filter set up that automatically sends incoming
indology messages to a separate folder, based on the string "indology" in
the "to: " field.  So I have no need for such a prefix.  In fact I would
prefer not to have it, since it "steals" ten characters from the length of
the subject line.

Let's vote on this issue.

If you want a prefix, send a message to INDOLOGY with the subject line
"prefix - yes".

If you don't want a prefix, send a message to INDOLOGY with the subject
line "prefix - no".

--
Dominik Wujastyk
Founder, INDOLOGY list

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 23:01:57 +0200
From: Thomas Anzenhofer <thomas.anzenhofer at uni-koeln.de>
To: D.Wujastyk at ucl.ac.uk
Subject: Subject-prefix for INDOLOGY

Dear Mr. Wujastyk,

Being a subscriber to INDOLOGY, I would like to make a suggestion:

Couldn't it be possible to generate a subject prefix for all the messages
that are distributed via INDOLOGY? I'm managing three mailing lists myself,
and Majordomo (which we use in Cologne) allows to insert a string at the
beginning of the subject header of each message. Our list "Indologie" has
f. e. "[Indologie] ":