Date of Udhayana

nanda chandran vpcnk at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Jul 18 17:23:12 UTC 2000

You first asserted that Advaita was HEAVILY influenced by NyAya. When I
questioned that you said that the Advaita view of "elements" is the same as
NyAya and also pointed out the similarity of VAtsyAyana's view of liberation
with Advaita. When I questioned the "heaviness" of this, you immediately
switched to logical method. When I point out the invalidity of this
argument, you say this :

>Has anybody said that advaita ontology is the same as nyAya
>ontology? Or should we insist that unless two schools of
>thought share a similar ontology, there is no influence of
>one on the other?

>Aiyo, Rama! Is it too much to expect that one who wishes to
>discuss these things should first read about them?

Yes, the feeling is mutual.