address

Sun Jul 16 21:21:46 UTC 2000

Dear Professor Tambovtsev,

nice to hear from te hoem town of my old friend Boris Oguibenine (Paris).
He grew up there.
So, when I noticed that Radio Novosibirsk is audible on the internet I
listened once or twice....
Unfortunately the same pop songs as all over the world...

Thank you for yor two emails. I have thought a little how I can help you.

As regards your paper on the Gipsy volume, I think I can send it one to the
Indo-Iranian Journal in Holland which is quite international. It needs some
stylistic corrections (I have corrected the spelling already).

I will send you a corrected copy with some suggestions when I get time this
week

As for the other item,

>> could You help me to find some useful
e-mail addresses of some US or Eurapean journals on Indo-Iranian
linguistics?

I do not have email addresses. But we can collect some regular mail addresses.

>> I've written an article on the phonotypological distances
between Sanskrit and other Indo-Iranian languages. <<

This kind of papar you could also publish in the Indo-Iranian Journal (IIJ).
Could you send me a copy on paper or also by email (attached?)

>> As You know the situation
with linguistic university journals in this country is bad due to the
lack of funds. My students, post-graduates and I, we all are looking
forward to receiving Your generous aid in this respect. Could You send us
sample copies of the journals on Indo-Iranian linguistics?

I have a few spare copies of IIJ and of Kratylos and will send them to you
this week.
To give you an idea. Then, you could write to the chief editor of IIJ
(Bodewitz) and ask him whether he would not ask the publisher for an
exchange if  you have a journal of your department or University that could
be exchanged.

NB:      IIJ has a web site now.
http://www.wkap.nl/journalhome.htm/0019-7246

Also, we have the LONG RANGER (Nostratic etc.) comparison journal, Mother
Tongue; please see:

http://www.people.fas.harvard.edu/~witzel/aslip.html

With warm regards,
Yours M. WItzel

Yours Most
Hopefully and Respectfully Prof.Yuri Tambovtsev, Dept of English and
Linguistics of NPU, P.O.Box 104, Novosibirsk-123, 630123, Russia.
Michael Witzel
Department of Sanskrit & Indian Studies, Harvard University
2 Divinity Avenue, Cambridge MA 02138, USA

ph. 1- 617-496 2990 (also messages)
home page:  http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~witzel/mwpage.htm

Elect. Journ. of Vedic Studies:  http://www1.shore.net/~india/ejvs