Deciphered!!! (was: Harappan Deciphered?!)

L.S.Cousins selwyn at NTLWORLD.COM
Sun Jul 16 07:11:19 UTC 2000

Dominik,

I can understand why, but I think you might have over-reacted here.

'Deranged' doesn't necessarily mean 'insane'; see OED. It can just
mean 'disorganized' 'caused to act irregularly'. Used with 'from' it
must have such a meaning. You are reading too much medical
terminology into the post :-)

It seems a fairly objective description of the behaviour of someone
who leaves, returns and then leaves again with long announcements !

In general, however, please do clamp down. There is some rather silly
malicious posting which serves no useful purpose and is very boring
to have to keep reading. Unfortunately, there is no relationship
between brilliance of scholarship and maturity of personality. In
particular, it would be nice if people would draw a line under the
past discussions and not keep referring back to what this or that
person did or didn't do.

Lance Cousins

--
HEADINGTON, UK