was 22k

Sat Jul 15 15:07:49 UTC 2000

Jaap Pranger wrote:
>>Dr. Witzels posting on July 8th was 22k.

Oh well, according a little tertiary research in "email systens:":

According to EUDORA:

S       (Normal)                Indology        7/8/00  10      Re:
Harappan Deciphered?!

In my:  Better Telnet:   as returned by INDOLOGY:

  232 Jul  8 To: INDOLOGY at LISTS (23,026) Re: Harappan Deciphered?!

i.e. Parts/Attachments:
   1   OK     248 lines  Text
   2 Shown    382 lines  Text

   1    248 lines   Text/PLAIN
   2    382 lines   Text/ENRICHED

no. 2,  Text/enriched, seems to be the guilty part.

It must have been generated automatically and explains the size double of
that intended. That's why attachments etc. are banned/refused automatically
now, I suppose.
Eudora, at which I normally look -- unless someone had used the obnoxious
Outlook format which appears EMPTY in Eudora,  has only this:

According to Eudora:

S       (Normal)                Indology        7/8/00  10      Re:
Harappan Deciphered?!

-------------------------------

Incidentally, I was talking about my  other nessage:

> my decipherment post which had 11k in my Eudora program, especially as I
>saw thatl
 my older Telnet showed THE SAME message as 14,412 K. Should have split it
up. Mea culpa ...... you get 22 k? <

EUDORA:

  S     (Normal)                Indology        7/8/00  10      Re:
Harappan Deciphered?!

TELNET:
   237 Jul  9 To: INDOLOGY at LISTS (14,412) Re: Harappan Deciphered? DHOLAVIRA

Apparently we have to engange in a lot of Afterwissenschaft now.

Michael Witzel
Department of Sanskrit & Indian Studies, Harvard University
2 Divinity Avenue, Cambridge MA 02138, USA

ph. 1- 617-496 2990 (also messages)
home page:  http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~witzel/mwpage.htm

Elect. Journ. of Vedic Studies:  http://www1.shore.net/~india/ejvs