message from Dr. Elst

Bharat Gupt abhinav at DEL3.VSNL.NET.IN
Sat Jul 15 11:00:19 UTC 2000

Michael Witzel wrote:

> It is Friday evening, time to relax. And reading one's mail:
>
> We must thank a surrogate of a surrogate of the busy decipheres of the
> Indus script for another bit of information .....

I thank you too Dr. Witzel for calling me a surrogate.
With the current decline of politeness on the list it could have been much worse.
When I decided to forward Dr. Elst's message, who was so anxious to sign off,
I knew the risk I was running in being a forwarder/emissary.

After all, even Krishna was not spared, I am only a humble mortal.

As for surrogates, it is difficult in this devious world to decipher (even more than
the Harappan script) who is a surrogate of whom. But that should be the
subject of a political analysis list and not this.

best wishes,

Bharat Gupt,  Associate Professor, Delhi University
PO Box 8518, Ashok Vihar, Delhi 110052  INDIA
tel 91-11-724 1490, fax 741-5658, email: bharatgupt at vsnl.com