Rules of Membership

Bijoy Misra bmisra at FAS.HARVARD.EDU
Sat Jul 15 10:58:56 UTC 2000

On Fri, 14 Jul 2000, George Thompson wrote:

> No, I am talking about the relationship between rhetoric and violence, about
> which apparently you are clueless.  What is it that you study?

You are scared twice by rhetorics.  Suppose I say
I study plasma in interstellar space, would you get scared?

Please take the above and many as rhetoric.  Scholarship is
pursuit of knowledge and not being scared by language.

Lately I study cognition, perception and neurology.
The debate and the techniques of debate interest me.
You may look up www.hms.harvard.edu/research/brain
for some of our latest work.

Last point: please don't be scared by trivial language expressions.

Regards,

BM