Viveka & Rta/Satya

Subrahmanya S. subrahmanyas at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Jul 13 17:59:09 UTC 2000

Dr.Witzel,

Please be assured that I will give quotes from your writings
that talk of the tanks soon.
Yes, you have not used the exact word panzer.
The idea of fast IE chariot tanks and superiority in horse
handling is one of the underlying foundations on which the dispersal of IE
languages is based.

It still mystifies me that how one can assume that because someone might
have spoken in an IE language that they had superior horse handling skills ?
Also, none of the eminent scholars have proven that there is an
mapping between IE languages and IE culture (the great scholar Mallory even
has a Encyclopedia of IE culture!).

As for arguing techniques, I have seen enough of your gems
both on this list and in published papers. I will compile them
and post it when I do get time.

BTW, your trying to get Dr.Kochhar on to your side by schmoozing
is most humorous. This reminds me of the time when you tried the same with
Dr. Bh. Krishnamurthi in the past and got called on it.

Regards,
Subrahmanya