Rules of Membership

Dominik Wujastyk ucgadkw at UCL.AC.UK
Tue Jul 11 16:53:08 UTC 2000

I have discussed the technical setup of this list with the owners in
Liverpool, and we have made some changes to help with the volume problem.
In future, a 60k attachment will simply not get through to the list.

There is now a size limit on messages, expressed in lines.  500 lines is
the max.  This is longer than I wanted, and is a TECHNICAL upper limit.
Messages longer than this will not get to the list.  I still recommend 2k
as a notional limit, and I'll get shirty with people who persistently or
grossly exceed this recommendation.

Email attachments of any size are now barred from the list.

Finally, HTML code is also barred.  So make sure that your mail client is
set to plain text (ASCII) only.  This is to exclude postings which are
double or triple the necessary length because they are duplicated in HTML
format.  People using Netscape and Internet Explorer as their email
clients need to be particularly careful, I believe, since I have been told
that the default settings of these clients are to include an HTML version
of all messages.

 ardhamaatralaaghavena ...

--
Dominik Wujastyk