Rules of Membership; Harappan deciphered

George Thompson GthomGt at CS.COM
Tue Jul 11 02:54:23 UTC 2000

I call the List's attention to K. Elst's very first post to this List [dated
9/2/99], in which he defends his dear friend "Vishalji", who had just
finished threatening me, clearly and directly and publically, by reminding me
of the wisdom of the principle of self-preservation; he insinuates
elaborately a common cause between the historian Romila Thapar and Hitler,
and then later suggests that it is M. Witzel who is guilty of initiating this
tactic of using the Nazi card; he writes eloquent defenses of the assassin of
Gandhi [who, he says, had retreated from morality by attempting to reconcile
with Muslims] all this at his bizarre web site [and he thanks me cynically
for calling attention to this  site-- grateful as all scoundrels are for the
free publicity]; he makes a weird threatening allusion to having to take care
of Salman Rushdie instead of pursuing his Vedic studies -- as if silencing
Rushdie seemed more important to him at the time than Vedic studies or
silencing me [thank goodness]. He refuses to renounce the rampant fascism in
the popular press of India, since it exalts him as a hero of so-called free
thought [a rare European exception, he is]. He disparages all western
scholarship as motivated by some kind of Max Mueller syphilitic disease that
converts us all into fundamentalist Christians, simply because we are
appalled by the idea that India IS, all minds closed to reality, *the cradle
of civilization*, no matter what history actualy tells us.  Blah blah blah
blah blah.

This is K. Elst.  And he continues to hide behind the mask of the victim.

Please recall that I was the first member of this list to welcome him. And I
will be the last one to forgive him.

George Thompson