got milk?

Haridas C haridasc at YAHOO.COM
Fri Jul 7 19:17:54 UTC 2000

Mr. Freund,

daza dAdimAni SaD apUpAH kuNDam ajAjinam palalapiNDaH
adharorukam etat kumAryAH sphAyakRtasya pitA
pratizInaH

I am not sure if I really got the point of your post.

Are you suggesting that your Estonian friend who is
supposedly fluent in the English (I assume you mean
one of the many dialects of English spoken in the USA,
as opposed the 'British' or 'Canadian" varieties
English) and the American Sanskritists are in the same
boat in that each one cannot properly and
unconsciously pronounce the "l" in a given respective
language and should thus be considered as "not
fluent"?

thank you