[European contacts with India]

Jogesh Panda jogeshpanda at NETSCAPE.NET
Fri Jul 7 05:50:58 UTC 2000

Stephen Hodge <s.hodge at PADMACHOLING.FREESERVE.CO.UK> wrote:

There was an
article in the Philosophy East & West sometime in the 80s which went
into this in detail.  My back numbers are all in storage so I regret I
can't give you the exact reference.

Could you be referring to the following articles ?

a) Early Greek Philosophy and Maadhyamika, Thomas McEvilley, Philosophy East
and West, 31,2, [1981]; and

b) Pyrrhonism and Maadhyamika, Thomas McEvilley, Philosophy East and West,
32,1,[1982].

These papers illustrate the parallelism between two dialectical systems.
No claim is made regarding the direction of flow. Until a YavanakArikA of
Priyasa is discovered, the directionality of flow of ideas remains a matter of
individual predisposition.

Jogesh Panda