Shendge's book

Swaminathan Madhuresan smadhuresan at YAHOO.COM
Thu Jul 6 16:13:45 UTC 2000

Mr. S. Hodge wrote a while ago (in a different thread, Re: bones and flesh):
> Have you also seen Malati Shendge's recent book "The Language
> of the Harrapans".  She has the interesting theory that there
> was also a strong Akkadian influence on this language which was
> taken over into the language of the Rg Veda.  In particular she
> draws attention to the names of the various Asuras which she links
> to Akkadian names.  She also believes that Asura is linked via
> Asur to the Assyrians. Probably very contentious but still worth a look.

I read her earlier book on the non-Aryans in the RV, "Civilized Demons".
Her thesis is that IVC people are related to the Parsis, Zorastrians,
Assyrians ("Asuras", acc. to Malti). Is her second book, The Language,
extending her PhD/I book backwards chronologically? But recent excavations
at Mehrgarh (Jarrige), and several digs by Kenoyer team, etc., have
thrown out the "diffusionary model" for the IVC, or still Malti's
Assyrian-IVC hypothesis possible?

Thanks,
SM