SV: 16th century European contacts with Hinduism

Enrica Garzilli garzilli at SHORE.NET
Tue Jul 4 13:39:38 UTC 2000

In my paper (sorry for the self reference) "First Greek and Latin
Documents on Sahagamana and Some Connected Problems" part 1, in
Indo-Iranian Journal, vol. 40, no. 3 (July 1997), pp. 205-243 and
"First Greek and Latin Documents on Sahagamana and Some Collected
Problems" part 2, in Indo-Iranian Journal, vol. 40, no. 4 (November
1997), pp. 339-365, in long footnotes, I expecially deal with
gymnosophistes in Onesicritus and Aristobulos (Alexander's historians)
(and with some of Dr. Klaus Karttunen's data). There is still quite a
bit to study on the topic.

EG
--
Dr. Enrica Garzilli                 University of Perugia (ITALY)
ex-Istituto di Linguistica                   Piazza Morlacchi, 11