gifts for Sanskrit teachers

Swaminathan Madhuresan smadhuresan at YAHOO.COM
Mon Jan 31 14:25:53 UTC 2000

> >> Or kanyaa-daana!  :-)
> >
> >Are you suggesting somebody should send a maiden to Madhav?

  Poets and students, and not the teachers, normally seek maidens;
  Chandra went after Tara. Once a thirsty kavi got stuck in a dry land.
  He started demanding from Shiva: "Your rich brother-in-law
  can afford 16000, you are a beggar, why two? Send me your Ganga".

  Regards,
  SM