Sakadwipa (RE: Rising of the sea and other Migration myths)

Yaroslav Vassilkov yavass at YV1041.SPB.EDU
Sun Jan 30 18:08:09 UTC 2000

Thu, 27 Jan 100 22:49 +0300 MSK Yashwant Malaiya wrote to INDOLOGY at LISTSERV.LIV.AC.UK:

... Also I have wondered about the origin of the
> term Bhojaka (explanation is that the Maga married
> daughters of the Bhoj clan of the Yadavas).

The name of Bhojakas (as a branch of the Magas) is considered to be
an Indian adaptation of a Middle Iranian term: *bozhak 'healer',
'savior'.
-
Yaroslav Vassilkov (yavass at YV1041.spb.edu)
Sun, 30 Jan 2000 20:54 +0300 MSK