Vedic accent in taittiriya samhita

Madhav Deshpande mmdesh at UMICH.EDU
Mon Jan 24 01:46:12 UTC 2000

There is certainly a living tradition of Taittiriya Yajurveda in
Maharashtra.  There are Taittiriyas among the Chitpavan Brahmins in
Maharashtra, and there are several continuing Pathashalas in Pune which
teach both the RV and the TS.  I have RV and TS recordings from Marathi
brahmins, and I will have to check for the details of Svarita.  The
treatment of Anusvaara is indeed different.
                                Madhav Deshpande