available now

Joseph Carson samizdata at EARTHLINK.NET
Tue Jan 18 14:59:39 UTC 2000

Dear Sir,

         I believe you have me mistaken for someone else. I am not a
publisher, nor do I work for a publisher.  Your list is no danger of
being spammed by me, or indeed of being disturbed by me.  My interest is
purely scholarly.  I would be glad for a chance to lurk without the
option of submitting posts of any kind whatever, if it is possible for
us to proceed on that basis.  Please acknowledge receipt of this email,
with your judgment as to the merits of this "no postings ever"
petition.  Thanks for your kind consideration.
          Sincerely yours, Joseph Carson