[ADMIN] Volume and frequency of posting

Dominik Wujastyk ucgadkw at UCL.AC.UK
Mon Jan 17 09:03:24 UTC 2000

For the last two or three months I have not been watching INDOLOGY
carefully for overposting, on the assumption that the people I had warned
about overposting last year would have mended their ways.  I am
disappointed to find that my trust has been misplaced, and postings from
some individuals have been grossly above the limits for this list.

I've initiated some suspensions from the list with immediate effect.  And
I shall be examining the list logs for the past few months to see whether
others have systematically exceeded list norms.

I remind members that postings should be short (normally not more than a
screenful of text) and that not more than about fifteen postings per month
per member are welcomed.   I note that several members are already nearing
this limit for the current month.

If you are posting more than every other day, or so, then you badly need
some other hobbies.  :-)

Dominik Wujastyk
Founder, INDOLOGY list.