Looking for info on Grantha script

BP Jonsson bpj at NETG.SE
Sat Jan 8 13:31:16 UTC 2000

Dear Indologists,

I'm looking for information on the Grantha script, but it is hard to come
by where I am, so I would be very grateful for any help you can offer.  All
I got so far--shame to say--is a photocopy of a rather poorly printed chart
showing the basic ak.saras.  Thus any reference to sources that would be
generally available by interlibrary loan at western libraries would be of
interst, but especially so information on how conjunct characters are
formed.  I would be equally grateful if somebody could provide me with
scanned images; in that case please contact me by private email at
<bpj at netg.se>.  Please note that I subscribe to Indology in subject-index
form only, so I would appreciate if on-list responses are cc-ed to the same
address!

Bhavatu vah sarvam mangalam!

/BP

B. Philip Jonsson <mailto: bpj at netg.se> <mailto: melroch at my-deja.com>

~ The parents spoke French and the governess German, and  ~
~ at school Latin was spoken.  The tongue of the country  ~
~ the boy had to learn in the streets.                    ~
~                            (after L. Holberg 1684-1754) ~