Typographical error in the Bhagavad-Gita?

Paul Kekai Manansala kekai at JPS.NET
Sat Jan 8 22:11:26 UTC 2000

Martin Gansten wrote:

> >It appears to me that the verse is giving an exception to a rule that
> >generally states that brahmins (and not brahmins/ksatriyas) are eligible
> >for liberation.
>
> There is no such rule stated or implied in the Gita itself;

I don't agree. The verse itself implies knowledge of belief in evolution
toward liberation through rebirth. What else could Krisna be talking
about. The new idea offered is salvation through taking refuge in the
deity as versus the older order of karmic evolution.

Regards,
Paul Kekai Manansala

--
Check out http://AsiaPacificUniverse.com/