Vital Statistics

Samar Abbas abbas at IOPB.RES.IN
Fri Jan 7 06:39:49 UTC 2000

Dr.Yashwant Malaiya and Vishal Agarwal wrote:
> " I wonder what "Power-block" Dr. Abbas has in mind."
> VA: "Which power bloc??"

I was trying to reduce the politics, but due to popular demand, here
goes.
   The "Pseudo-Secular" [henceforth psec] bloc (ie. Congress) has been in
the forefront of the Hindi movement for 50 years. The "Hindutva bloc"
[sangh] have always wanted Sanskrit instead of Hindi. The entrenchment of
Hindi has become the biggest stumbling block in the way of Sanskrit.
Hence, the Sangh is attempting to split and divide Hindi, thereby paving
the way for Sanskrit. Witness the Sangh proposal to partition not 1 but 3
Hindi states. This fracturing of Hindi is the groundwork preparation for
the introduction of Sanskrit. Witness Golwalkar's statements,

" There is but one language, Sanskrit, of which these many `languages'
 are mere offshoots, the children of the mother language. Sanskrit, the
 dialect of the Gods, is common to all from the Himalayas to the ocean in
 the South, from East to West."
 ( We, Our Nationhood Defined, 1939, p.43 )

On Thu, 6 Jan 2000, Shailendra Mehta wrote:
> ... opposition to Hindi seems to be declining in the South.

The following websites shows that power has been on the side of Hindi
rather than English, and that southern opposition to Hindi is still strong
- http://www.geocities.com/tamiltribune/tamiltribune.html (many articles)
( or http://www.geocities.com/tamiltribune/ )
- http://www.thedmk.org/hindi.html; http://www.thedmk.org/ahindi.html

Vishal Agarwal wrote:
> VA: Chhatisgarh is still a part of Madhya Pradesh.

True, but there are concrete plans to carve out Chhatisgarh :
        `MP set to carve out Chhatisgarh' -
http://www2.hindustantimes.com/nonfram/170798/detNAT04.htm
  perhaps bureaucratic inefficiency is the prime reason for the delay.

Samar