[Forwarded] Stats on Linguistic Groups

Dominik Wujastyk ucgadkw at UCL.AC.UK
Mon Feb 28 10:21:26 UTC 2000

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 17:31:51 +0800
From: Linguistic Studies <linguistic.studies at insead.edu.sg>

Subject: Stats on Linguistic Groups

 In a recent monograph on linguistic cultures I have published
over 130,000 stats covering 460+ language groups worldwide
(demographics, economics, geography, etc.).*  I have recently
created a spreadsheet of the database which is complementary to
researchers/scholars.  If you or a colleague might find this useful
for your research, please let me know and I can send you a zip or XLS file
of the data.

Yours,

Phil Parker
Professor of Economics and International Studies
UCSD & INSEAD

*Source: Parker, Philip M., Linguistic Cultures of the World: A Statistical
Reference, Greenwood Press, 1997.

List Notice: your email address is from a compiled list of
linguistics scholars. If you wish to be removed from this list or
were sent this email in error, please reply to this mail with the word
REMOVE. My apologies for this inconvenience.